Monday, November 17, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ok, I know, its only November 17th. But guess what? I'm tired of putting up all the Christmas decor for only a few weeks, and then taking it all down and putting it away! It's a big effort people, so why not make it last a bit longer. So happily my family agreed to make our home 'Christmas ready' for FHE. The kids are still too young to realize that we were actually putting them to work carrying all the Christmas stuff up stairs from storage, and I hope they think it's fun for a few more years!


We are now officially ready for Christmas to come.....well except for the shopping, which I totally dread! So if I don't answer the door, or phone, it's because I am sitting in the dark with just the Christmas tree lights on, basking in the glory!


The Tree Trimmers!





Mr. I Love Christmas Decorating!

And the finished product.....sorry for the blur, but I didn't want to use flash!

My most favorite purchase last year........Yea Pottery Barn!

7 comments:

Richelle said...

I am jealous that you are ready for Christmas already! Everything looks great..I'll have to come and see it in person.

Kara said...

Lookin good. Glad you are on the ball this year. I love all the Christmas but hate pulling it out. Maybe I will hire your kids to come help!

Heidi said...

I'm not sure I'm ready for Christmas stuff but Heidi is pushing so we may have to make the plunge too. By the way, that picture of Caiser next to the tree is some kind of sexy!!

Anonymous said...

Looks good. But come on Thanksgiving has not even happened. But good for you getting it done, we do it a few weeks before Christmas and then take it down a few days after.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Alright, FHE at my house next week. Bring your mad decorating skills with you, including all the kids. I'm debating when to put mine up.
Ginny just commented last week that it sucks that "Thanksgiving Point" has to come in between Halloween and Christmas. She just wants Christmas already.

Sara said...

My husband thought I was nuts for wanting Christmas up so soon. I am excited to see someone’s as ambitious as me! Looks Great!

Rick Meyers said...

Holy Crap, Caiser looks like he is 9 feet tall in that picture next to the tree. He is just so proud of his wood....I mean tree