Every year since I was a little girl my extended family went on a trip together to a lake, usually Fleming Gorge or Bear Lake. I haven't been since I was pregnant with Paige 9 years ago, so I decided it was time to show face. However, only my aunt Becky and her family were there this year, with my mom and grandma joining mid week. I decided late Wednesday night I wanted to go, sadly Caiser is not a big boating/wave runner/sit at the beach/camping fan, so he decided to sit this one out. The kids and I left early Thursday morning, and arrived by 10:30a.m. I do have to give myself cudoes for road tripping it all by myself. I took the Wyoming route, and didn't realize Verizon doesn't have much reception on that drive, luckily I have mad driving skills and got us all there safely. We hit the water right away, and spent the entire day on the boat, beach, & wave runners.......so fun! The kids loved it all & now want a boat so they can tube everyday! I however, forgot that I'm 32, and thought I could still do it all. I attempted the wake board, rode the tube, and couldn't get enough of the wave runners. It's been 2 days now since I got home, and I still can't move my arms or sit comfortably. Next time I think I'll stay away from the water, or bring some hard drugs (pain killers)! The kids and I invited ourselves to the condo my mom & grandma were staying in, and slept on the floor Thursday night, then hit the water again Friday. The water was a bit more choppy Friday, so we only stayed until 3:00 and then headed back home. I have an amazing aunt and her family is just as wonderful, they were so great to let us hoard in on their family trip. They took such great care of me and the kids, & I sure love them! It was a wonderful road trip & I'm so glad I decided to go! I am usually mad at myself for not taking enough pictures, but not this time.....too many, thus the 2 slideshows!
Day 1.....
Day 2.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










7 comments:
I love the pictures! Looks like you and the kids had tons of fun. What's with guys and not liking to be at the beach or swim/boat? Lincoln is the same way.
Cute pictures. I wish that I would have been there with you. I love boating and well...Mitch does not.
I am so proud of you...Boating like a teenager! Hopefully you can recover soon. Glad you and the kids had such a great time.
Tell Caiser he's a party-pooper! I would have loved to see pics of the both of you on the tube ;-) Hope your arms feel better soon!!
Good times almost dorwning in the lake! We'll get your booty up on the wakeboard next time! It was good entertainment!
I'm jealous... Bear Lake is my favorite! It sounds like you had a blast, and got a good work out in. I figure you can probably skip about a months worth of exercise right?
I Loved pulling you on the tube... STOP STOP! Your getting old!
Post a Comment