Sunday, August 2, 2009

Youth Conference!

I was so very lucky to go to Youth Conference this year. We have awesome youth in our ward, and I think us leaders are quite awesome too! We met at the church Thursday morning, and were put into teams for our "Amazing Race". 7 hours later we landed in Tabiona at the White's family cabin. The amazing race was saweeeet, and even though we took 2nd place because of a 'cherry coke' pit stop....we all felt like winners!

Our awesome team starting the 'race' by eating a plate full of food!






Delivering food to the elderly from the Utah Food Bank!


Tabiona!






Friday morning we did a 'service project' for a young widow w/4 little girls living in Tabiona. We cleaned up her small farm for 3 hours.....so fun, and such a great feeling to serve!




Then headed to the river to cool off and try to get clean...





Still missing some pictures....will add later!

3 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

That sounds like a fun YC! Maybe next year I'll pretend like I'm 14 so that I can go. Do think that anyone would notice? I look young right? (Come on, humor me please)!

Tori said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun, I want to go!!

Richelle said...

Looks like you guys had an absolute BLAST! Love the pictures...especially the 'serious' one of you with the pitch-fork! Those youth are lucky to have such awesome leaders :-)