Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jack's First Day of Pre-school!

And he's off.........I can't believe my baby is going to pre-school!! I've only been thinking about all the things I'm going to do while he's gone, and I haven't even realized that this is it...... no more first days of pre-school after Jack..... no more bottles, diapers, diaper bags..... no more late night feedings, baby puke, lugging a baby car seat around, & changing tables at restaurants......no more high chairs, cribs, baby food, or 3 outfit changes a day......WOW! Does this mean I'm old or mature?? I'm gonna go with mature, and a bit lucky to have some free time!

I do have to say that the past month with the girls at school all day, and just me and jack hanging out has been great......I realized a few things I'd overlooked about my Jack, they are:

He talks A LOT!!
He gets angry quickly if I try and do something without turning Dora on first.
Iego Iego means Diego Diego.
This kid wants to eat non-stop.
He still wants me to hold him.
We are amazing dancers together.
And most importantly when its just the 2 of us, I get so many loves & kisses!

I am so excited Jack is going to school, this did not make me sad, but made me reflect.....
My little family is growing up, and I love this!! I am not sad to be done with the baby years, they were wonderful, but also very busy and tiresome. Each stage in life with the kids gets funner and easier, we are able to do so many more things as a family. I am excited as to what the future holds for this family of MINE! And each day only gets better and better.


All 3 kids off to school..........

Jack with his cousin Evan

9 comments:

Richelle said...

Jack is such a cutie! I think he resembles your dad a little bit...

BTW- I have to disagree with your comment that "each stage of life gets funner and easier." Kids growing up definetly has its perks (I agree with that), however-- you have yet to reach the "pre-teen, puberty, and hormone" era which comes with its own FUN & EXCITING challenges. Just a heads up ;-)

I'm glad that instead of running around your house naked, you'll be singing in the car 'avec moi' during your first day of no kids! Can't wait!

I'm Mindy. said...

What a postive way to look at things. (Reflecting...instead of Hysteria) Jack is so cute with Evan! What a great time they will have! (As will you!!!)

Anna said...

What a cute boy you have! He's getting so tall!

Mandy said...

He is a cute little boy!

Unknown said...

kristin,
hey stalker! i am so glad you said hello! wow--thanks so much for commenting on my geeky blog so that i could see how you are doing! your kids are beautiful, really-- just gourgeous! i love all their names (yah, i have a jack too). this is a great way to keep in contact. lynn will be excited to see how you are doing too!

Kara said...

Wow I can't believe he's off. How fun!! Jack and Evan look so cute and almost match too!! Love his big huge grin. How can you not love crazy Jack! He's so much fun and those dimples get me every time.

Tori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJ and Gin Family said...

That's a good sign that you are not baby hungry. My sister's baby is 9, and she still is baby hungry.
What fun pictures. Have fun enjoying a few hours of freedom each week!

Asialene said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the different stages in life and happy to see your kids grow up. It's refreshing to hear something like that - I want to be more like you that way (because I'm so not that kind of a person - I get so sentimental)!