Thursday, September 18, 2008

Arizona Alone Time!

Last Saturday my lover and I jetted of to AZ for some alone/play/relaxation time (thank you to our wonderful parents who made it possible)! It was a wonderful getaway & I wish we could do it every month. But we were excited to come home to see the kids, however, could have turned around and gone back about an hour after being home!

We stayed at The Marriott Canyon Villas and also had access to the JW Marriott across the street, which had a wonderful spa, and about 7 awesome pools. After looking back, we did so much, yet I felt like we had down/relaxed time too. The highlight of our trip, besides the wonderful Mexican food, was going to the Arizona Cardinals football game.....in a dome! I have always wanted to go to a prof. football game, & always wanted to see one in a dome. This dome was amazing & gigantic! We were both in awe! Not so much impressed with the cost of tickets....$50 each for the freakin 2nd to top row, but next time we'll know to buy early, and suck it up and pay for better seats!

Our other adventures included......floating the lazy river while bagging some rays, water slides, shopping, movies, late night ice cream, hitting the spa for a couples massage, eating the best Mexican food ever, and being alone- just the 2 of us!

Of course, I have only 5 pictures.....its weird to take pictures of just each other! So here we are in our rental car when we arrived, and at the football game!

9 comments:

BS and the Kids said...

You found someone to take pictures of you together!!! Yeah. You look hot-being in pants in Arizona...but you also look HOT. The pictures of you outside the stadium??? Where are all the people?

Kara said...

How fun! The dome does look awesome! We will have to hit one of those games! Glad you guys had fun, can't beat being alone!

Karly said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU WENT TO A FOOTBALL GAME TOGETHER! IT WILL GROW ON YOU AND YOU'LL FREQUENT Q GOOD BALL GAME! WAY CUTE PICS!

I'm Mindy. said...

Alone time...I am ready for that again!!

Why do we miss the kids so much...and yet when we get home...we are anxious to get away
again???

Looks like a blast!

Richelle said...

Looks like you had a fun time...glad to hear it! BTW- I think the term "lover" is so derogatory; you should try using the term "mate" instead!!! ;-)

I'm Mindy. said...

You can find the "potty watches" on line...(it is a utah company...go utah) or I found Tylers at Kid to kid in south jordan. (They sell brand new ones of course!)...Happy Training!

Kelly said...

I am jealous!! It looks like you had a blast!! Next time we want to go!

DJ and Gin Family said...

How fun! Every year when we go to California, we say that we are going to see a San Diego Chargers game (our team)... unfortunatly the kids are always with us, so we can't. Maybe this year I'll dump them at your house when we go. Thanks in advance... you're such a great friend!!

tammy said...

cory is jealous, looks like you had lots of fun.