Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn & Silly Girls!!

I know, I know..... I will totally admit to being one of the idiots to go get the new Breaking Dawn book at midnight! However, I'm not a total loser, I didn't go to the 'before parties', just went right at midnight to get my book. The 'girls' and I originally put our books on hold at Barnes & Noble at Jordan Landing. I was in the area earlier in the day and decided to get a wristband, which gives you a # for your place in line to buy the book. Well...... my wristband # was 626, are you kidding me? I wasn't aware that silly women slept out and were at the store at 6am to get the stupid wristbands. So the 'girls' and I had a powwow, and decided we would try our local Walmart for a book at midnight, and if they were sold out we would then head to Barnes & Noble & hopefully have our books by 3am, based on our awesome #626 place in line. But lucky us, Walmart had plenty, and thanks to Richelle's 'mad shopping skills' we were the first 7 in line (at one of the 50 registers anyway)! We had our books bought & a McDonald's coke in hand by 12:06am. It was sooooo fun, and I'm so glad we joined the other idiots out there for a fun filled night/early morning outing! And I love all my 'silly girlfriends'!

13 comments:

Melanie Palmer said...

Did you go to the Riverton Walmart? It's funny I didn't see you, but then again there were so many people! My friend called me at 10:00 and asked if I'd go with her. I don't read the books, but went for morale support. We got there at 11:45 and checked out her book at 12:01. I couldn't believe people slept out for it when you could be in and out of Walmart in minutes. You Twilight fans are crazy. Crazy I tell ya!

Heidi said...

It's a good thing you all married such cool guys when you were younger because I'm not sure what would have happened if we had known you were such NERDS!
Hondo

Anna said...

so funny!

I'm Mindy. said...

I love it!! How do you like the book so far?? By the way...I love your bangs!!

Kara said...

You guys are idiots, but then again I was too. Hitting the St. George Walmart at midnight was quite the treat. Glad you guys didn't wait at Barnes & Noble. Can't believe the hype, but loving the book!!

Richelle said...

It was fun--I'm on page 533 already, and can't put to dang book down!

Richelle said...

Man you guys must have had fun. I hope you all thanked my mom 4 getting you guys so close to the front of the check-out line. {:-)


Mikayla

DJ and Gin Family said...

Can you believe some of the idiots there? It was pretty funny! I felt like a kid again... I kinda liked it!
I'm not a fan like most, but once I read the first one, I had to finish all of them. We'll see how it turns out.

Richelle said...

I just saw Mikayla's comment...LOVE that she comments on everybodys' blogs when I'm not around ;-0

Tori said...

I feel sad that I missed out on all the fun!

Karly said...

TAG YOU"RE IT!
Go to my blog

Dave said...

This post looks very similar. I swear that I have seen this before. De Jevu?

Laurie said...

Everybody looks hot in the top picture! The bottom picture looks fun except my big A in the back ground ordering a coke what a pig. Such a fun night though can't wait for the movie another excuse for a late outing!!!