What a tough day! I dreaded this day coming, but I am now glad it's over with! Saying goodbye to your parents for 3 years is not an easy thing to do. But I am so glad they are on their way, and the countdown can start. We've known this day was coming, and I am glad it is finally here.
My parents are amazing! They sat down with us, dad read us a talk Elder Packer gave at the MTC to outgoing mission presidents, and also shared a scripture with us, both about serving a mission, and the promises and blessings you and your family will receive. They both wrote myself, Phil, and Kara letters to open later. We had a family prayer, and then we started the hugs! It was so hard, but so wonderful at the same time. To be in the room with my entire family, and know we all love each other, support one another, and have the faith and knowledge to know that the mission my parents have ahead of them will only bless our families, is a wonderful thing! I am so grateful I belong to this family!
And one last photo with ALL of us....




9 comments:
Those pictures make ME want to cry! Good thinking to capture the moment...I would have been too busy sobbing! =))
This post made me tear up! You guys are strong!
I AM BAWLING!!!! Ah the memories... I HATED that day! LOVE YOU!
Sheesh, thanks for the tears! I am turning into such a baby!
The years will fly by (okay maybe not for you). Maybe you guys will be able to go visit them... THAT would be cool!
I got all teary looking at the pictures!
I am crying reading this! You will be so blessed while they are gone. I'm so ready for my parents to get their visa's so they can leave that I don't think it has set in how much I'll miss them!
Thanks for sharing those tender moments with us. I'm so glad your bogging so I can get updates. You all will be truly blessed.
Oh that made me teary eyed! And did I see plastic wrap on the dinning room table?
Post a Comment