Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Road Trip...

And we're off...

Sheesh, almost 2 weeks ago, we headed out for a 'fun-filled/family road trip'! Oh what a wonderful time we had, there was not a single moment I would change. I love being with my family, and I love a good, relaxing vacation.

We left bright and early September 10th (Thursday), our destination....Las Vegas!

A quick stop in St.George for some lunch @ pizza/pasta factory, yum!

And we made it...

We stayed at The New York New York hotel.

And in walking distance from the Coke store...

And the M&M store...

However, the kids were happiest when looking out our window watching the roller coaster...cheap entertainment!

After dinner at Caesar's Palace, watching the shows, driving the strip, we were exhausted!

But up bright and early for our drive to Scottsdale, Arizona!

Caiser and I were very excited to drive over the Hoover Dam, walk over it, and take some pictures...we had never been.

It was amazing, and we loved it!

The kids did NOT love it!

We made it...

We stayed in the Marriott Canyon Villas. So nice to have a full kitchen, and 2 bedrooms. We made ourselves at home, grocery shopped, and settled in.

The rest of our trip included the following...

Swimming...

Water slides...

The lazy river...

A Diamond Back's Baseball game. I was worried about the heat at 5:00pm, so Caiser called the stadium to see where to sit w/the sun behind us. Well, it's a dome...indoors, air conditioned, and was amazing!

Kids were happy with their treats...

Look what we found the next morning in the kitchen...

More swimming...

The Phoenix Zoo...which was only open from 6:00am to 1:00pm, we assumed because of the 107 degree's outside. We were happy to get there bright and early, but we were still mighty hot. A great zoo!

And back to the pools...

Got dressed up for dinner every night, I wanted Mexican the entire trip, and my family was so sweet to oblige, most nights!

Yet again, more swimming...

Dinner...

Mini-golf...

Awesome tatoo's bought w/tickets we won from the games...

We were so lazy, and I loved it!

Last day at the pool...

1 week full of Arizona sun and fun, I could have stayed 2 more weeks, but time to pack up & head back to Vegas...

And we're all so sad...

I had to take pictures of rocks for Caiser, he was in love...

And luckily Ellie felt a bit sick, so we stopped and Caiser got a picture with him and the awesome rocks!

Ellie was ok, just needed some air...

Back across the dam...

And made it, this time we stayed at The Las Vegas Hilton (a tribute to mom & dad)!

I was so giddy w/excitement to take the kids to Circus Circus to play games. This was something I did so many times as a kid, a tradition I loved. I was so excited that Caiser had to tell me to 'not win' the games, and let the kids win...

And win they did...

Back on the road for home the next morning...

This trip was the BEST!! The kids were so good while driving, and we had so much fun together! I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and these 3 crazy kids! They make me so very happy!

11 comments:

Richelle said...

Looks like tons-o-fun! It's just too bad that you didn't take more pictures... I mean really?!?! I'm glad you guys were able to get away and enjoy the sun. Hang on to those memories, because they will sustain you through this freezing Utah weather we are about to experience =))

Kara said...

Wow looks like you guys had a blast! I'm sorry but I seriously can't help but laugh at Ellie with her totally FAB sunglasses, glasses, and the freakin sleep mask! Where did that child come from?

Karly said...

OOOOOOOOOOO.... Kara... I was going to say those exact things, I LOVE the sleep mask and the fashion glasses! I also LOVE Vegas.. so glad you got to go! FUN!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! Loved all the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Snyder Fam-Bam said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Who does Ellie act like...grandma Sherry??? she cracks me up! fun memories

DJ and Gin Family said...

I LOVE the Marriot Villas, they are awesome!!! It looks like we'll have to try out the the ones in Scottsdale. What a fun trip, and Ellie cracks me up too. It's probably a good thing that her and Ginny AREN'T the same age, they would be major trouble together.

Kelly said...

Love the pictures! Ellie is so hot!!! I love it!

smargetts said...

What great pictures. My grandkids are the best. Hopefully I did teach them some good tricks. Loved the glasses and sleep mask. They are all growing up so fast. Hold on to the memories. It seems it was just yesterday that you were their age. I love and miss you every day

Emma said...

Wow what fun!!! I love Vegas and I love AZ.

I'm glad you had a good trip.

Hey I like your background!!!

Margetts Fam said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! That looks like a great trip, I am glad you guys went and enjoyed yourselves. I love the pic of Jack jumping in the pool, your kids are the cutest!!!! love em!!!

sarah said...

You guys really know how to have fun! Next time we should coordinate. We could totally meet you in Arizona. Or even better - your next trip should take you to the wilds of San Diego!