Friday, April 24, 2009

The Rest of Hawaii!!

The rest of our adventures in Hawaii included......

My most favorite place, the Waikiki Beach Cheesecake Factory!
We also hit the Ala Moana mall (huge, love it) & the awesome stores up and down Waikiki!


We decided to try a new adventure this year, thanks to my wonderful sister, Kara, for hooking us up. We went to a ranch on the East side of the island for an ATV ride, that takes you through a couple film locations. Lucky for us, it poured rain that afternoon! But being the adventuresome crew that we are, we decided to brave it! After buying poncho's, getting our helmets on, watching a safety video, and convincing mom that it was going to be so fun.....we were off! The rain at times was a downpour, we could do nothing but laugh! It was great!


The boys went golfing at Turtle Bay in the morning, so us girls drove out to the ranch to meet them. We went through some really cool tunnels blown-out right through the mountains, and of course thought it would be very cool to photograph ourselves while in the tunnel!



Getting ready for the ATV ride....

The ride!

This was the only time we opted to get off the ATV's for a picture, our tour guide had to remove his helmet to hold the camera under it to keep dry while taking the pics for us. I can't stop laughing every time I look at these 3 pictures!
Notice our Japanese friends who were on the tour with us, we didn't realize they wanted to be in our family picture.....but we were cool with it, the more the merrier!

And then, for some strange reason, our tour guide wanted us to all jump. Why you ask....I have no idea! So this was our 'pre-jump' picture.

Drum roll please.....the awesome JUMP!!


Our 'after' shot.....soaking wet! But great memories!!

We did manage to dry off and clean up for a nice dinner. And after mom & I blew a fuse drying our hair, the service man came up, fixed the fuse, and took this nice family shot for us.





Our favorite pass time while enjoying the view.....UNO!


The rest of our trip was filled with pool time, beach time, movies, golf, more shopping, more sno-cones, non stop laughing, great food, and the best company ever......FAMILY!!
-
To my mom & dad: Thank you so much for such a wonderful trip. There is nobody else we would rather be with than you guys! You are too good, too generous, and simply the best parents EVER! I love you! Can't wait for Hawaii 2012!

5 comments:

Kara said...

I miss it already!! It's my favorite trip of the year...yet I know we have to come back to real life!! Can't wait for next time!

Anonymous said...

How awesome that you all get to go there together! Looks like you had a wonderful time....I will make it there one day!

Ami said...

Looks like a fun trip. It makes me want to go back to Hawaii again!

DJ and Gin Family said...

What a fun adventure!! I love your pre jump squat. I love that Caiser always looks like he's having a nice chuckle, and it cracks me up how much taller Caiser is than your WHOLE family!
Oh, and I love UNO too. I'm sure that it's even better in Hawaii. I guess we'll find out next year, right sis?

Margetts Fam said...

I laugh so hard at those Jurassic Park pictures. I laugh so hard every time, it will never get old! I need to steal your pictures...