Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission!!

I have always thought this day would come, but always hoped it wouldn't! But it has finally arrived, and I have postponed blogging about this until now for 2 reasons. 1) being that my parents were asked to wait until the end of the month, and 2) I wanted to get my thoughts together!

So here goes.......my parents have been asked to serve as mission president in the Japan, Fukuoka mission!! I know.....WOW!!

This has been a shock to all of us, and I don't know that it has actually sunk in for me! My parents are such a huge part of my life and my families......I call or see my mom almost everyday! What will I do without them here?

Having said that.....I believe my parents are the most AMAZING people!! They are 2 of my best friends, and I have had their love, support, and most importantly, their example for 32 years. Not that any of these things will stop, but I am so very excited for the people of Fukuoka to now experience all of these wonderful qualities! I have been raised by, taught by, and become the person I am today because of my most amazing parents. And I am happy to share them for the next 3 years! But that's all they get.....just the 3!!

I know that my Heavenly Father has prepared me for this.....I have wonderful siblings to lean on, as well as wonderful friends surrounding me! I am so grateful for such wonderful parents who are righteous and willing to serve the Lord. And I am especially grateful for their wonderful example to me and to my kids! I know that my family will be blessed because of their service!

It also helps that we have the Internet, video phones (thanks ACN), and airplanes to go visit!

I hope that one day I will be half the person my parents are......They are the best & I love them both will all of my heart!
Sionara!

14 comments:

Melanie Palmer said...

How exciting for them. That will be hard for you, I'm sure, but what a great opportunity! Are visits too see them allowed? If so, what a great reason to visit Japan!

Sara said...

Wow! That is pretty exciting! Your parents are amazing!

I'm Mindy. said...

Your parents are so great...Those who will serve with them, will love them!

Karly said...

I don't have any comments left after our <3 to <3 about it... But your mom will be THE BEST mission mom EVER! (I will give her some tips from what I learned visiting my mom)... YOU WILL LOVE visiting the mission field!

Margetts Fam said...

That's a great picture of Mom & Dad! Sure will miss them. This will be a wonderful experience for all of us and it's not like we didn't see this coming sooner or later..........I mean we do have the coolest parents in the world! Mom will probably miss me the most being the only boy and all, but don't worry, I'm sure she will think of you and Kara every once in awhile. Wakadimas?

Kara said...

We all know that they love me the most, being the youngest and all! And will miss me the most, however Phil does have a good point being the only boy! Glad that we all have each other and some major trips to Japan to plan!!

sarah said...

How lucky Japan is to have them for three years. We're excited!
-Nate & Sarah

DJ and Gin Family said...

Sweet! I call dibbs on their house for 3 years!!
That would be so cool to be able to go to Japan... you better start learning Japanese.

Andrea Almond said...

Jeff and I are on board on going to Japan with you guys...How fun!!! Your mom and dad are amazing, they will do a wonderful job.

Mandy said...

Wow! That is exciting and sad at the same time! I don't know what I would do if my mom and dad left.

Angie said...

Kristin - that is such exciting news! They will be so great! I am jealous of those missionaries! How comforting it would be as a missionary to leave home knowing that those two are the ones that will be taking care of me! I am so excited for them! Do they leave in July? I just love your parents and hope that they have the time of their lives!

Angie said...

Kristin - that is such exciting news! They will be so great! I am jealous of those missionaries! How comforting it would be as a missionary to leave home knowing that those two are the ones that will be taking care of me! I am so excited for them! Do they leave in July? I just love your parents and hope that they have the time of their lives!

Kimberly said...

You DO have AMAZING parents, what a wonderful opportunity for them and what great blessing all of you will receive! Tell them the Marchant's wish them the best of luck!
Kim

Jmons said...

Wow, how exciting for them. I think everybody knew that this day would come when they would be called to serve as mission parents. They will be great and do great things. No doubt about it. Let them know that I wish them luck! When will their mission farewell be?
Todd