Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getaway to Midway!

This past weekend we headed to Midway. It started on Wed. with Caiser and a bunch of guys going up to golf, eat, play cards, & then golf some more. Me & the kids drove up Thurs. w/Heidi & her kids to join Caiser & Jeff for some good times. It was a very fun weekend....and surprisingly went smoothly, even with 6 kids!

Thursday night we drove into Park City and rode the Alpine Coaster. For those of you who haven't been there in a while, it is the latest addition. You ride in a sled similar to the slide, however you are hooked onto the track, so no chance of flying off the slide (and we know many of you out there have)! We all took turns going, and it was very fun, and very fast. Of course Heidi being the tough girl, told me not to break at all, unless I was a baby. So Ellie and I started down the coaster, and on the first turn, I was a baby! That sucker moves FAST! But very fun! 20 minutes later & $80 later the kids were bored and ready to do it again, instead we took some fun pictures, and then went to dinner.

Please be aware that I've posted about 20 pictures below, you can look or not, I couldn't bring myself to only show a couple, because I think they are all so fun. Also, I've been introduced to blurb.com (thanks Tori) who will print your blog into a book, and that makes me want to include all the pictures I ever take. So you've received fare warning of what is to come, like I said.....take it or leave it!



Friday we all hit the pool, the boys golfed, and Heidi and I managed to have all 6 kids nap at the same time. We took advantage and napped ourselves for 2 hours, I know, we are amazing!

Sadly, on Saturday the Jamieson's left for home, but we stayed and partied one more day. We hit the pool again, went and ate dinner in Park City (with a stop at Rocky Mountain Chocolate, of course), and then went to the park to play. We had the park all to ourselves, with perfect overcast weather, so we stayed a while, & of course took more pictures!

What a great weekend spent with great friends and my wonderful family!

6 comments:

Melanie Palmer said...

Sorry to have missed you on Wednesday, but it sounds like you all had a blast. I hope you have a great birthday today!

Kara said...

Wish you could have been tough like Heidi...oh wells! We need to hit this coaster thing, and I will show you how it's done. Glad you had so much fun, and also went a little picture crazy, but i like it!

Karly said...

fun, fun... darling pictures you little photographer you!

I'm Mindy. said...

Great pictures guys...Sounds like a fabulous weekend. Happy birthday Kristen!!

Tori said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I think that Jeff looks like the "special brother" in that one picture! I love all the pictures keep them comin'!

Ambur said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love all the pictures. See ya on Saturday.